Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:49:34 -0800
From:      Isaac Yonemoto <ityonemo@scripps.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   stack size limits

I'm trying to adjust the stack size limit on my computer.  I'm not exactly
sure what to do.  Here's what I've tried:

ulimit -s (size) 		in bash
unlimit stacksize unlimited	in csh

options MAXSSIZE=(size)         in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/KERNELNAME;
  make buildkernel
  make installkernel

stacksize=infinity              in /etc/login.conf;
  cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf

kern.stacksize=(size)           in /etc/sysctl.conf

but despite all these efforts, doing ulimit -a still seems to show the
default 64M limit.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should
have done/should do to increase the size users are allowed to have?

Thanks in advance
Isaac Yonemoto
The Scripps Research Institute