Date:      Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:00:04 -0400
From:      Attos <attos.janus@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Ond=C5=99ej_Majerech?= <oxyd.oxyd@gmail.com>
Cc:        Alexander Gryanko <xpahos@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Best way to uninstall X

I was being sarcastic about the rm -rf /*
Sorry for any confusion caused.
I agree with you. newfs is faster.
I installed a new drive and I'm installing everything there.
The old drive is being used as the backup and as I install
packages I'm moving configuration and data files over to the new system.

Again, thanks to all!

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Ond=C5=99ej Majerech <oxyd.oxyd@gmail.com>=
wrote:

> 2011/4/7 Attos <attos.janus@gmail.com>:
> > I think so.
> > I'll do back up and start from scratch. Then I'll be sure I have just
> what I
> > need.
> > Switching to single user mode, tar, and as Konstantin wrote: rm -rf /*
> >

> If you do want to go the wipe-all-and-start-from-scratch route, doing
> newfs /dev/<your slice> might be a better option. 1) It's faster than
> rm -rf /; 2) if you have $HOME on a separate slice, you can avoid
> wiping that out by simply not wiping its slice.
>
> Ondra

--=20
Attos Janus