Date:      Thu,  3 Aug 2000 05:54:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      gyula_matics@hp.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/20379: unable to install, monitor goes black during boot (with serial is disabled)

>Number:         20379
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       unable to install, monitor goes black during boot (with serial is disabled)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
during installation it successfully boots to UserConfig. Using
the visual interface i disable everything that shows up except the keyboard. exit/save. boot continues then within a fraction of second
the screen goes black and the machine is dead.
I'm not very experienced with freebsd I don't know where to go from there.
>How-To-Repeat:
try to install 4.0 or 4.1 on an LXe PRO