Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 20:46:00 -0400
From:      Rod Person <roddierod@hotpop.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fw: using a different kernel than the system version.

I had a problem with the 4.4 kernel, it just would not boot on my machine. I had upgraded to 4.4 from 4.3 using sysinstall. Later I tried to cvs up to get the kernel to work but still no good. I then got out my 4.3 cd, replaced the sys source of the 4.4 kernal with that of 4.3 and have been running the 4.3 kernal with the rest of the system being 4.4. My question is will this cause any problems? Is it safe? This is my home machine with a dial up internet connection.

Rod

http://storm.prohosting.com/osbeef/osbeef.htm

'....musical rhythms can mess with your head...'
 - T La Rock
     "It's your's"

Rod

http://storm.prohosting.com/osbeef/osbeef.htm

'....musical rhthyms can mess with your head...'
 - T La Rock
     "It's your's"