Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2001 10:57:39 -0400
From:      Doug Lee <dgl@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multiple VPNs possible under mpd?

I use mpd to build VPN connections to one Unix machine and a number of
Windows machines.  The Unix VPN is LAN-to-LAN and works fine
regardless of whatever else is going on (though I'm not sure I've ever
had a Windows machine try to get a VPN first).  My problem is figuring
out how to allow more than one Windows machine to connect at once.
The Windows machines want to be nodes on the LAN (ptp).  There is a
small set of valid login ids for the Windows VPN connections, listed
in mpd.secret.  I even gave each one its own ip range, though this is
not necessary and neither fixed nor worsened the problem.  The first
Windows machine can authenticate using any valid login and does (I
think) get its correct ip assignment; but then the other Windows
machines can't connect.  ("Valid login" here means a key/password pair
from mpd.secret.)

I will include mpd.conf and mpd.links here.  192.168.14 is the local
net for this machine, and 192.168.2 is the remote LAN for the Unix
VPN.  I use "new -i ng9" for the vpnwin link because I figured that
would create enough ng* interfaces to support the connections we need.
I'm sure I'm missing something here though...

Please CC any responses directly to me.  Thanks much.

*** mpd.conf:

default:
	set login <adm_id>   # for telnet control of mpd
	load doug_lan  # the Unix (LAN-to-LAN config)
	load vpnwin  # The Windows (ptp) config)

doug_lan:
	new -i ng0 lan_vpn lan_vpn
	set iface disable on-demand
	set iface addrs 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2
	set iface idle 0
	set iface route 192.168.2.0/24
	set bundle disable multilink
	set bundle authname <l2l_auth>
	set link yes acfcomp protocomp
	set link no pap
	set link yes chap
# If remote machine is NT you need this..
#	set link enable no-orig-auth
	set link keep-alive 10 75
	set ipcp yes vjcomp
	set ipcp ranges 10.0.0.1/32 10.0.0.2/32
#	set iface enable proxy-arp
# If you wanted MPPE encryption and had ng_mppc(8)...
	set bundle enable compression
	set ccp yes mppc
	set ccp yes mpp-e40
	set ccp yes mpp-e128
	set bundle enable crypt-reqd
	set ccp yes mpp-stateless
	open

vpnwin:
	new -i ng9 vpnwin vpnwin
	set iface disable on-demand
	set iface enable proxy-arp
	set iface idle 0
	set bundle disable multilink
	set link yes acfcomp protocomp
	set link no pap chap
	set link enable chap
	set link keep-alive 10 60
	set ipcp yes vjcomp
	set ipcp ranges 192.168.14.5/32 192.168.14.128/28
	set ipcp nbns 192.168.14.9
	set bundle enable compression
	set ccp yes mppc
	set ccp yes mpp-e40