Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 1998 15:14:00 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-Stable" <FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, "FreeBSD-Ports" <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Unable to compile port or 2.2-STABLE sources

From: Scot W. Hetzel <hetzels@westbend.net>
>I had upgraded the server on Wed Oct 14 14:07:41 CDT 1998 to the latest
>2.2-STABLE sources.  When I tried to update the Apache/FrontPage webserver
>to use apache 1.3.3, either it would install the server but would error out
>with unable to get the UserDir from the Apache config files in the
>fp_install.sh script when trying to setup user/virtual webs.  The script
>uses grep & awk to retrieve the info from the httpd.conf, srm.conf, and
>access.conf files.

Found the trouble,  apparently the 'make world' on the Oct 14 installed
corrupted binaries.  Which wouldn't let another cvsup/world build to
complete.  Last night I downloaded the 2.2.7-19981016-SNAP and installed it
this morning.

Rebooted, and loaded the kernel.GENERIC from the SNAP, and then recompiled
the kernel and rebooted once more.

I then compiled and installed the Apache-FP v1.3.1 server with no further
problems.  A test build of the Apache-FP v1.3.3 Server also built with no
problems.  I haven't installed it as I first need to rebuild the
2.2.7-STABLE sources for long username support.

Scot