Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:30:26 +1300
From:      Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
To:        Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@sun-fish.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: if_bridge & pf

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:01:01PM +0200, Stefan Lambrev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 firewalls, and every of them have 2 bridged interfaces + STP ,
> running FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
> Unfortunately one of them is totally dead (hw problems) and I have to
> make new one, but I plan to use
> FreeBSD-6.2-STABLE.
>
> My question is are there any know compatibility issues between 6.1 and
> 6.2? I know that
> a lot of changes are committed to if_bridge and pf/pfsync, that's why
> I'm little unsure :)

For if_bridge there were over a dozen commits, half were new feaures and
the other half bugfixes. I do not know of any compatibility issues. The
main one for you to test would be the addition of RSTP which was a large
overhaul of the existing code. The default protocol is still STP and
should be no different for you.

Andrew