Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:53:23 +0100
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <Rahul.Siddharthan@lpt.ens.fr>
To:        Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, opentrax@email.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freedom@FreedomTC.COM
Subject:   Re: accessing portal site

Lanny Baron said on Nov 13, 2000 at 02:26:44:
> Greg, what are you trying to do to me??? Are you trying to get people to
> hate me? I have spent almost 1 year trying to make business plans for
> Freedom Technologies Corporation, which exists, and sells FREEDOM
> SERVERS with FreeBSD installed.
>
> I do not know this opentrax@email.com or whom the writer is. But since the
> person is getting this mail, lets set the freeking record straight.

Excuse me if I butt in, but have you considered getting your letters
written by somebody else?  A secretary or someone who knows how to
phrase these things?

Maybe you mean no harm, but if these are examples of how you normally
write letters (especially the one to Intel) I'm not at all surprised
that people don't like it.

> I cc'd advocacy because I thought that people might be interested in
> seeing someone that is a FreeBSD user, tell a giant like Intel something
> is very wrong.

It's plain common sense not to cc advocacy.  Apart from the unwanted
implication that you're a spokesman for FreeBSD advocacy, there is a
danger of the recipient of your mail getting submerged in a deluge of
-advocacy replies.  Luckily that didn't happen in this case.

Never put someone on a group mailing list unless they ask for it.

> From the whole advocacy list only one person besides Greg did not like the
> fact that I cc'd advocacy.

How do you know that?  Maybe others just didn't want to fan the flames.

Rahul.