Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:58:41 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Jeff Cross <jeff.cross@averageadmins.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: Corrupt Ports - arts and jackit

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 09:47:54PM -0600, Jeff Cross wrote:
> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 09:22:35PM -0600, Jeff Cross wrote:
> >=20
> >> I have tried uninstalling these ports (probably a bad thing)
> >=20
> > No..but you didn't uninstall jackit, as you saw below.

> I tried to deinstall jack as well, just to be funny, and was returned:

Yes, I already told you to do this in my previous reply (quoted above)
;-)

> =3D=3D=3D>  Deinstalling for audio/jack
> pkg_info: the package info for package 'arts-1.5.1_1,1' is corrupt
> pkg_info: the package info for package 'jackit-0.100.0_2' is corrupt
> =3D=3D=3D>   jackit not installed, skipping
> =3D=3D=3D>  Returning to user credentials
>=20
> Any suggestions?

Set FORCE_PKG_REGISTER when installing to overwrite the corrupted
package.

>  If this helps, I upgrade ports by running portupgrade
> -varRPP and if no packages exist I run portupgrade -varR.  I install
> ports by running make install clean.  I also run portsclean -C and
> portsclean -DD on a regular basis.  Shouldn't this keep things "clean"?

Yes, but apparently you forgot it when building things by hand before
sending your previous email.

Anyway, the above should get you back on track.

Kris
--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--