Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 1996 11:15:03 -0800
From:      Eric Blood <eblood@cs.unr.edu>
To:        af@biomath.jussieu.fr (FAUCONNET Alain)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail question

>>>>> "FAUCONNET" == FAUCONNET Alain <af@biomath.jussieu.fr> writes:

    FAUCONNET> I wonder why emacs would need that. RMAIL doesn't seem
    FAUCONNET> to as far as I can tell from our Emacs setup here.

Well, from what I can understand VM uses
/usr/local/lib/xemacs-19.14/lisp/modes/sendmail.el which has the
following code:

   ;; Always specify who from,
   ;; since some systems have broken sendmails.
   (list "-f" (user-login-name))

When I get home, I'll try and comment out the line and see what
happens.  I just tried the "-f" option under Linux and it didn't
complain.  But, then again, that's not saying much.  =)

Thanks.

--
Eric V. Blood                                         Office: LME 314, 327-5087
eblood@cs.unr.edu, http://www.cs.unr.edu/~eblood                Pager: 824-6515