Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2007 08:36:18 +0100
From:      Juergen.Dankoweit@t-online.de (Juergen Dankoweit)
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: hal-0.5.8.20070104

Hello,

first of all thanks for the great job you are doing for the FreeBSD
community.

While installing the Gnome2 package for FreeBSD 6.2 the user
"haldaemon" (UID = 560) and the group "haldaemon" (GID = 560) is not
created. It costed me hours to find out what was going wrong. After
reading "+INSTALL" I found out the the UID/GID has to be created. Now
hald runs perfect and it is a great thing especially for my sister who
now uses FreeBSD too :-)

Best regards and thanks

Jürgen Dankoweit

The name of the package is: hal-0.5.8.20060917_2