Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:50:04 +0000
From:      "Mike Uehara" <mtuehara@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cdrecord and Yamaha CRW2200E...

Is there any way to use cdrecord with a Yamaha CRW2200E on FreeBSD?  I was
able to burn CD's using cdrecord and the same drive, but in Manrake Linux.
And I thought that I'd be able to do the same in FreeBSD, but I haven't been
successful.  If someone was able to do this, I'd appreciate a little help.
I don't know if anyone knows the answer because I searched the emails on
this list and a few people (maybe 2 ) asked the same question.  But I
couldn't find any replies.

It always gives me an error:
Device not configured.  Even when i type cdrecord -scanbus.

It keeps looking for SCSI devices, but I disabled SCSI devices in my kernal
configuration because I don't have any SCSI devices.  But I even booted with
the GENERIC kernel and I still got the same error.  I really like FreeBSD so
far, but I'd really like to be able to burn CD's... It's kind of why I
bought the drive in the first place.

Any help would be _GREATLY_ appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike