Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/37453: more suitable command-line in articles/releng/article.sgml

The following reply was made to PR docs/37453; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:16:12 +0300

 On 2002-04-25 10:00, Hiten Pandya wrote:
 > If cvs(1) doesn't describe 'cvs up' properly, than I think it is the
 > man page which needs the fix and not the article, afaik.  All we
 > need to do francly, is to add the following line to the cvs(1) man
 > page which explains the 'update' command:
 >
 > %%
 > Synonyms: up
 > %%

 This is already documented in `cvs --help' output.  The help of cvs
 points to `cvs --help-synonyms' and that command prints all the
 synonyms that CVS recognizes.  In any case, I think this is not a
 problem with the documentation of FreeBSD (like the releng article),
 but if for some reason someone thinks this is important we should
 contact the developers who gave us CVS and ask politely that they
 update their documentation to mention command synonyms.

 Giorgos