Date:      Tue, 04 Nov 1997 02:36:22 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dk+@ua.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, dk@farm.org
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

> While you are there, don't forget to remove or rename /usr/ports/web
> because the word `web' is a trademark of Microsoft (they bought the
> company with this name some time ago.)  Heck, nuke /bin/sh.  Do you
> remember those gas stations?

I think you're simply being silly now.

> I am wondering where this american legal braindamage can lead us.

Actually, I wish people would stop targeting this as exclusively
American legal braindamage as such is simply not a fair statement to
make.  The German and French legal systems, for example, are at least
as braindead in their own ways and I seem to recall a german lawyer
causing all kinds of havoc a few months back with his own trademark
suits.  The russians would also no doubt engage in such legal
foolishness except for the tiny fact that they no longer have a legal
system, that having been sold to the russian mafia a number of years
back.  All things considered, I think I'll take the threat of a
lawsuit over the threat of kidnapping and a bullet in my head when my
relatives can't raise the ransom money. :-)

					Jordan