Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2011 06:51:50 -0700
From:      Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Josh Paetzel <jpaetzel@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: T510 iwn and 9.0

On Sep 8, 2011, at 12:00 AM, Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 18:10, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> wrote:=

>>>=20
>>> I've been associated to the wireless at work for about 30 minutes using t=
his
>>> parameter with no drops.  I'd say this has fixed it, as the drops I was
>>> getting yesterday were every minutes or so and basically made it unusabl=
e.
>=20
> Ok, thanks, so it indeed looks like a TX aggregation issue. Can I talk
> you into getting more debug info?
> wlandebug 0xffffffff
> sysctl dev.iwn.0.debug=3D0xffffffff
> That is indeed quite spammy, but I'm not yet sure what I'm looking for exa=
ctly..
>=20

Sure. I can do that.=20

> TX aggregation is only started if there is certain amount of traffic,
> if you say it is within one minute, what kind of traffic was that?
> Just some web serving, email, or..?
>=20

It's my desktop. Checking email, connected to an IRC server or three. SSH to=
 a few places. An NFS mount. Windows in vbox running vsphere client connecti=
ng to an ESXi box and a web browser running.=20

> Also, I would be great if you have another device available to capture
> a dump of what's going on. The dump shouldn't get too large if it's
> only a minute. :)
>=20

I can set that up. The WAP is in bridged mode. I can mirror the switch port i=
t's on and plug another system in to that port and get a dump.=20
 I'll set this all up in a couple hours.=20

>> Cool. Bernhard, didn't you mention the ampdu TX bitmap stuff needed
>> some surgery in if_iwn?
>=20
> Yeah, for reporting stats to the ratectl algo, which itself needs some
> bigger surgery obviously :) But I'm not convinced that this is
> related.
>=20
> --
> Bernhard