Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 21:17:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Andrew J. Doane" <adoane@ais.net>
To:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu (Andrew Gallatin)
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 440BX based SMP systems

> Is anybody running FreeBSD-SMP on dual CPU intel 440BX based systems?
> What motherboard are you using? I've searched the mailing list
> archives, but it would appear these machines are new enough that
> nobody has tried them yet...
>
> We're considering either the Intel SE440BX "Seattle" or the Asus
> P2B98-DS, or a Dell Precision Workstation 410.  If anybody is using
> one of these with FreeBSD-SMP, I'd love to hear from you.
>
> Thanks in advance,

I've been running a dual Tyan tiger motherboard (BX) w/400mhz
processors since april 14th -- running linux, without problems.

I would have run fbsd instead of linux, except i wanted the md
device driver (raid0,raid5) and I'm running some quake servers
on it and wanted to run native under linux.

/ajd/
--
       _/_/    _/  _/_/_/_/         Andrew J. Doane
    _/    _/  _/  _/                Director, Network Operations