Date:      Fri, 4 Jan 2019 10:34:35 -0800
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>
Cc:        Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ThunderX2 support in FreeBSD/arm64

On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 12:07 PM Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 08:50:54PM +0100, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > Over the last few weeks I have committed changes for a few outstanding
> > > items needed for ThunderX2 support in FreeBSD/arm64. Most of the
> > > changes were to fix-up support for ACPI based PCI controllers and to
> > > enable ACPI based NUMA (thanks to andrew, markj and jhb for reviews).
> > >
> > > With these, 13-CURRENT works well enough for testing - so if you have
> > > access to a ThunderX2, I would like to hear how well it works for you.
> >
> > Can you tell suggest possible systems/supplier to choose for a port
> > builder box ?
> >
> > I'm mulling over buying such a system to testbuild freebsd ports on arm64
> > and look around for possible suppliers.
>
> HardenedBSD bought theirs from Phoenics Electronics.
>
> Status of HardenedBSD's ThunderX2:

I emailed Phoenics Electronics and received an email from Steve Wilson. He
pointed me to these little beauties:

 https://www.asacomputers.com/Cavium-ThunderX.html

Now I just have to convince my boss or my other boss (wife) to let me buy
one...

I did notice that these ASA Computer units only use the ThunderX and the
ThunderX_CP processors. Some of the other ThunderX processors have PCIe and
other goodies such as this one:
https://www.marvell.com/server-processors/thunderx-arm-processors/thunderx-nt/

Contact Info For Steve:
Steve Wilson <steve@phoenicselectronics.com>