Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:00:34 -0500
From:      "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@conterra.com>
To:        Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: boot -c not saving changes

The answer depends on exactly how current you are...

With -current from a few days ago, I would have said:

Make sure you have a /boot/loader.rc file that contains at least
these lines:

load /kernel
load -t /boot.config

Then, make sure /boot.config contains all the stuff that you would
normally type at the config> prompt when you Boot: -c.

If you are *really* -current, /boot/loader.rc should probably
just contain something like:

include /boot/loader.4th
start

Then, you should copy /boot/defaults/loader.conf to /boot/loader.conf
and edit it to match what you want to happen at boot.