Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:48:10 -0700
From:      Aaron Siegel <bulk_mail@siegel-tech.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   configuring php4 and apache2

Hello

I am have problems getting php4 to work with apache2. I have these working on
another FreeBSD 4.10 server but I can not get it working on my 5.3 server.
When I try to load a php page with my web browser it just ask me if I want to
download the php file.

Here is what I have done to configure and install:
installed
apache-2.0.53
php4-4.3.10_2
php4-extensions-1.0

edited /etc/rc.conf
apache2_enable="YES"

/usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf
LoadModule php4_module        libexec/apache2/libphp4.so

AddType application/x-http-php .php
AddType application/x-http-php-source .phps

copied php.ini-recommended to php.ini

edited php.ini
include_path = ".:/php/includes"
include_path ="/usr/local/share/pear"

I have reloaded all the application and rebooted the computer. I have read the
php manual, I believe I have followed all the steps in the pkg-message files
and tried google but I can not find the answer. I am sorry for asking such a
basic question which is probably documented somewhere.

Thank you
Aaron