Date:      Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:05:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   VCR and Bt848 (fxtv or something)

I'm pulling my hairs trying to get a 1 hour VCR tape recorded
on disk with audio under Win98. I have a Win TV/PCI card and
a SB Live! Platinum in the system.

Win98 freezes after a couple of minutes recording. (It's a PII/233
w 64 MB).

Any chances FreeBSD will cope with this setup? Tools? Fxtv?
What video format?

I was using WinVCR (Cinax) and this program seems to freeze Win98
after a while. But only when I add the audio source from the SB Live!
Aux2 inputs. Didn't try other audio sources.