Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 00:10:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jay Kuri <jay@oneway.com>
To:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Small installation (8M flash)

Good Evening,

 	Could someone give me some pointers on making a mini-installation
of FreeBSD (3.2) onto a (IDE) flash drive of approximately 8 megabytes?
This installation will only be used to transfer files across the network
onto a larger disk.  Basic firewall/nat functionality would be good also.

So my question is:  Would it be better for me to use the router/net
PicoBSD, or should I simply try creating a minimal installation by hand.
IE: with the flash configured as the slave drive, newfs'ing and copying
things over, and then moving it back to master..

The smallest FreeBSD installation I've done is 220M... so this totally new
for me.  I would appreciate any pointers (or pointers to documentation)
that you can give me.

Thanks,

Jay