Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 22:15:57 +1030
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   help !! - no quake

 Grin!

 Well I totalled my Windoze machine (sook), did a cvs checkout of
 3.0-current a of 5-Jan, installed a stub of 2.2.1-R onto sook,
 nfs mounted the checked-out source tree and did "make world".

 I've rebuild my kernel, installed Amancio's svgalib hack,
 and gone to fire up ./q2test +set vid_ref soft (no X running)
 and I get a ...

 (stuff)
 svgalib vc ?? 0
 svgalib: Configuration file /etc/vga/libvga.config not found.
 svgalib: Assuming Microsoft mouse.
 svgalib: Assuming low end SVGA/8514 monitor (35.5 KHz).
 _Linux-emul(1160): ioperm() not supported_
 Bus error (core dumped)

 *groan*

 Now I'm thinking this should work??

 I did a quick squizz over the sources, and then over the
 linux_quake.tar.gz files from Amancio's ftp site..

 Is it just because in his linux_dummy.c he has..

linux_ioperm(struct proc *p, struct linux_ioperm_args *args)
{
    p->p_md.md_regs->tf_eflags |= PSL_IOPL;
    return 0; /* EINVAL SOS XXX */
}

 and the -current source tree has...

linux_ioperm(struct proc *p, struct linux_ioperm_args *args)
{
    printf("Linux-emul(%d): ioperm() not supported\n", p->p_pid);
    return 0; /* EINVAL SOS XXX */
}

 or am I missing something completely?

 If I make this one change would I just need to recompile/reload
 the lkm, or the whole kernel?

 Ta.

 Peter (dying to play fullscreen quake II on his FreeBSD machine!)