Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:27:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mohan Khurana <mohan@razorfish.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.1 OpenSSL

I tried to do an install of OpenSSH, when I realized that it wouldn't do
it since it said that it needed OpenSSL.  I went to
/usr/ports/security/openssl and tried to do a make, but it told me that
OpenSSL was already part of the install base.

I did a locate to see if I could find any openssl libraries or header
files.  All I could find was /usr/include/openssl, which happened to be an
empty directry.

I've commented out the FORBIDDEN conditional in my copy of the ports
collection for /usr/ports/security/openssl/Makefile in order to get things
done, but I'd be interested in hearing what I did wrong, if anything, in
my install of the ports collection.

FYI, the ports collection that I have is the latest as of this morning
from one of the cvs repositories.

thanks for any help,

mohan

 |    ||   |||  ||         r a z o r f i s h , new york

 mohan khurana
    [ consultant, cts ]