Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:31:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Charles Sprickman <freebsd@fasttrackmonkey.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/39645: apache port clobbers existing /usr/local/www/data directory

>Number:         39645
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       apache port clobbers existing /usr/local/www/data directory
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Had an existing /usr/local/www/data directory as created by the apache-modssl port.  Saw the apache advisory and cvsup'd my ports tree.  built apache13-modssl, briefly considered just replacing the binary (damn), then went ahead and did a "make install".  There were notes about preserving my config and certs, and they survived, but my entire data directory was recreated and all my stuff went away.
>How-To-Repeat:
 Backup your existing /usr/local/www/data.

cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl
make install clean
look in /usr/local/www/data for your old data and note it's gone.
>Fix:
Use the same checks you use to keep from clobbering config and key files when installing the sample web tree.