Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 17:03:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SKIP algorithm mismatch: FBSD vs Solaris

I've got a FBSD<-internet->Solaris setup and I'd like to run IP-level
encryption between them.  I installed skip-1.0 from the FBSD port
collection and did a pkgadd of the Solaris skip-1.1 from
http://skip.incog.com/.

Unfortunately, it seems they don't share any crypto algorithms.  Am I
out of luck?  If so, what non-skip alternatives might I have?

thanks!
-david.

On FreeBSD (Skip 1.0):
# skipstat -C

Cryptographic algorithms (SKIP version 1):
Crypto Module Id:       1       Crypto Name:    DES-CBC
Crypto Module Id:       10      Crypto Name:    simplecrypt

Cryptographic algorithms (SKIP):
Crypto Module Id:       1       Crypto Name:    DES-CBC
Crypto Module Id:       2       Crypto Name:    DES-EDE-K3
Crypto Module Id:       241     Crypto Name:    Safer-128SK-CBC
Crypto Module Id:       252     Crypto Name:    simplecrypt

MAC algorithms (SKIP):
MAC Module Id:          1       MAC Name:       MD5

On Solaris (Skip 1.1):
# skipstat -C

Cryptographic algorithms (SKIP version 1):
Crypto Module Id:       2       Crypto Name:    RC2-40
Crypto Module Id:       3       Crypto Name:    RC4-40

Cryptographic algorithms (SKIP):
Crypto Module Id:       240     Crypto Name:    RC4-40
Crypto Module Id:       242     Crypto Name:    RC2-40

MAC algorithms (SKIP):
MAC Module Id:          1       MAC Name:       MD5