Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 01:11:11 +0200
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patches to recognize 440BX chipset

> > 46 minutes. This is with:
>
> Hoo ha!  Smoked the 60 minute barrier.  I gotta have one of these!

Yup, I'd like to have one myself :-)  (I don't own the machine I'm running
these tests on).

My guess is you could improve a bit on this time with faster disks (eg.
Cheetahs). But given fairly inexpensive 5400 RPM disks, I have to say I'm
quite happy.

I also tried using MFS instead of -pipe. Got almost exactly the same time
(MFS about 20 seconds slower, which is really not significant).

Other things which would be interesting to try are soft updates, and the
new CAM code. Maybe tomorrow...