Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 00:55:15 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Pete Delaney <pete@rockymountain.rahul.net>
Cc:        jhs@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, wow@efn.org, Mark@rockymountain.rahul.net, Bill@rockymountain.rahul.net, davem@caip.rutgers.edu
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CD-ROM 2.0.5 - Any SPARC Porting Underway?

>Anyone know if 'anyone' has raised any Legal issues with BSDI or Chris Torek
>on his SPARC Stuff in the BSD release. I was currious why it wasn't on
>the CD.  With Dave Miller making big time progress on SPARC on Linux and
>Chris Torek's stuff I would think about three man months from now we could
>have FreeBSD running on the sun4c.

   That's correct. In fact, someone has already done a port of the Sparc code
to an earlier version of FreeBSD...but it would need a LOT of work to port the
port to -current. I will get to it eventually (I have a Sparc sitting next to
me), but at the moment I'm too busy with other things in FreeBSD (namely, the
2.1 release).

-DG