Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 01:40:07 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OS/2 users going to FreeBSD?  :-)

>> OTOH, I generally prefer GNU find, since I can do something like
>> `find -name foobar' and GNU find will do the equivalent of
>> `find . -name foobar -print'.
> That kinda breaks the argument syntax for find; everything before the
> path is an option, everything afterwards is the expression.  If you
> add the '.', you get the same behaviour as the BSD find.

Doesn't break it, it augments it in a backward-compatible fashion.
Just because it means a complete rewrite if you were to try to write
an FSM for reading it, doesn't mean it breaks it.

Happy hacking,
joelh

--
http://www.wp.com/piquan --- Joel Ray Holveck --- joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu
All my opinions are my own, not the Free Software Foundation's.

Second law of programming:
Anything that can go wrong wi
sendmail: segmentation violation -- core dumped