Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 21:38:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CAM: devices without path

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.990504004129.4511A-100000@heidi.plazza.it> you wrote:

> What extra calls are needed to remove the path as well as the devices if
> a CAM controller disappears?

I haven't gone through and verified that a manual detach of a SIM
is possible yet.  I figured I'd cross that bridge once the configuration
framework was up to the task, and I'm not sure it quite is yet.  I'll
be able to look into this in more detail in another week or so.

> Currently I do the following
>
> static void
> umass_cam_detach(umass_softc_t *sc)
> {
>         /* Detach from CAM layer
>          * XXX do we need to delete the device first?
>          */

At a minimum, you need to additionally perform an AC_LOST_DEVICE
async notification so that the peripheral drivers detach.

--
Justin