Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 1996 18:59:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq DeskPro Support...

Hi...

	I've offered my time to try and help one of the local FreeNets
with an upgrade of one of their machines from ... Linux *eech* to FreeBSD,
but the hardware they are using, they've had problems with getting it all to
work well with Linux, so figure I should check and see if I should expect
similar problems with FreeBSD.

	All the info I have currently is limited, and I'm trying to get
more specs on it, but here's what I know so far:

----

Marc, are you aware it is a proprietary EISA-based Compaq DeskPro with
onboard scsi, and an Adaptec 1742 SCSI card (the onboard one is not
supported by linux).

----

	That's it...I'm attempting to get a dmesg output of the boot, to
see if I can gleam more info out of that, and I've sent an email requesting
more specs, so we'll see if that comes back with anything, but I'm kinda
hoping that there is enough information in that one sentence that someone
might have an idea... :(

	I won't assume that the EISA will be a problem, but what about the
onboard SCSI?  Does anyone know what sort of onboard SCSI the DeskPro uses?
And is it supported?

	Then again...is anyone running FreeBSD on a DeskPro? :)

Thanks...