Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:21:59 +0100
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@dmlb.org>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bcm4400 driver and Dell 8500

From: "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>

> > This is a little loop that waits for the card to finish DMAing a packet.
There
> > should be a DELAY(1) in there. But it may be commented out.
>
> That's bad...in general the chip should DMA the packet and then update the
> consumer index and generate an interrupt.  I don't know how this
particular
> chip works, though.  The DELAY is commented out.

Unfortunately I don't know how the chips works wither. This method comes
from the drivers I used as a reference. I have recoded the loop a little so
it doesn't DELAY and I've never had a timeout from it.

> > Do we think that cardbus is trashing the memory space somehow?
>
> That could very well be the case.  I don't know anything about cardbus,
> though.

Me neither, but my laptop needs some help in that area, so that's what I'm
going to look at next.