Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2009 18:12:31 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: impossible packet length ...

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

On 2009-Feb-06 08:32:27 +0200, Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il> wrote:
>on 2 different servers, running 7.1-stable + zfs, I get this
>error rather frequently:
>
>Feb  5 17:01:03 warhol-00 kernel: impossible packet length (543383918) fro=
m=20
>nfs server sunfire:/dist

I gather warhol-00 is running 7.1-S+ZFS.
How recent a 'stable' is it?
Where does ZFS fit in?  Is sunfire:/dist mountpoint in a local ZFS or
is a local ZFS mountpoint inside the sunfire:/dist mount?
Do you get the same problems without any ZFS mounts?
Is this a TCP or UDP NFS mount?  What happens if you switch protocols?
What NIC are you using and are you seeing any network errors?
Are you able to capture a protocol trace showing the transaction including
erroneous packet?

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg