Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:14:33 +0100
From:      Ben C.O.Grimm <Ben.Grimm@wirehub.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet (ed0) not working

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:39:01 +1100, Roy Soliman <soliman@tpg.com.au>
wrote:

> I've been having some problems with my ethernet card, i'm fairly sure it
> works. I am using an ed0 device, i can ping it's ip, but i can't see
> anything in the arp tables or ping anything in the same subnet.
> /var/log/messages says ed0: device timeout.
> Any thoughts? Okay, could you put them in writing? :-)

FWIW: I have exactly the same problem with a Realtek card running
under NE2000 mode. I had to change from 0x280 (default) to 0x300 to
get it recognized at boot-time, but after that I get device timeouts,
making it impossible to continue installing over FTP/NFS.

--
- Ben C. O. Grimm ----------------- Ben.Grimm@wirehub.net -
- Wirehub! Internet Engineering - http://www.wirehub.net/ -