Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:49:59 +0200
From:      Kajetan Staszkiewicz <vegeta@tuxpowered.net>
To:        Erich Weiler <weiler@soe.ucsc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pf performance?

Dnia pi=C4=85tek, 26 kwietnia 2013 o 00:52:43 Erich Weiler napisa=C5=82(a):
> > How many pf rules do you have?. And, as I asked in my previous post, do
> > you create states on both sides of the firewall?
>=20
> One interface has 12 rules and other other interface has one rule.  We
> do create states on both sides.

That's not too many rules, but are you sure you also create states for=20
"postrouting" traffic? When you do "pass (quick) in on $public some other=20
conditions", you also should have a general "pass quick out on $internal" (=
and=20
vice versa), as close to the top of pf.conf, of course unless you need sepa=
rate=20
pre and post routing pf filtering rules.

=2D-=20
| pozdrawiam / greetings | powered by Debian, CentOS and FreeBSD |
|  Kajetan Staszkiewicz  | jabber,email: vegeta()tuxpowered net  |
|        Vegeta          | www: http://vegeta.tuxpowered.net     |