Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 2009 23:37:25 -0700
From:      Jo Rhett <jrhett@netconsonance.com>
To:        freebsd-stable Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how to get more logging from GEOM?

On Jul 15, 2008, at 8:35 AM, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> I had exactly the same problems on a machine a few months
> ago.  It had also been running for about two years, then
> started freezing when there was high CPU + disk activity.
>
> It turned out that the power supply went weak (either the
> power supply itself or the voltage regulators on the main-
> board).  Replacing PS + mainboard solved the problem.

I have removed these drives and installed them in another machine and
had exactly the same symptoms.  I built a new machine fresh with 7.2
(in case it was due to the upgrade process) and installed these ports
and experienced the exact same problem.

That's why I am here.  Physical or localized issues have already been
ruled out.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness