Date:      Wed, 3 May 2000 13:40:40 -0500
From:      "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HPDA/DAC960PL errors

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Smith" <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>

| > Ok.  I know how I'm going to have to deal with this; the problem is that
| > we only use 16 of the 17 available S/G segments (so I can pack the S/G
| > tables without crossing page boundaries).  This is going to take a
little
| > while to implement, unfortunately.
|
| (Just to continue talking to myself) - The reason I never ran into this,
| I realised, is that I did all my work on the 2.x firmware in Alpha
| systems which have an 8k page size.  With a 64k d_maxio, you'll never see
| more than 9 segments.
|
| Sorry about this.

I'm just glad I found the problem for you.

I'd like to get this server built using this DAC sooner rather than later,
and it's likely I can get 3.x firmware from Mylex before you'll update the
driver (no offense meant). If there's a ghost of a chance you might have a
fix you want tested completed before this time next week, let me know and
I'll hold off installing 3.x chips to test the fix -- an install, full CVS
update, and a make world ought to be a decent test?  I could probably do
something

I have two other DAC960s, but they both suffer from the ""couldn't allocate
mailbox window" problem you're also working on, so they might not be decent
test subjects unless you want to try to fix both problems at once.  :)