Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 22:26:25 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A bug in the sppp driver?

"Daniel Hilevich" <danhil@cwnt.com> wrote:

> In my case, although, I want to use the IFF_AUTO (dial on demand)
> option and this is where ifconfig can not help me. In the auto mode,
> the sppp driver should initialize the lcp machine when it gets a new
> message to send.

Did you ever look how the ISDN `customer' driver handles it?  At least
for me, it used to work for something like two years now there (and
i'm using it daily).

Without a massive code review, i can't however tell you the exact
chain of events that happens once the callout is triggered, that's
nothing one can remember for more than a week. :-)  I could however
offer you a log from "ifconfig ... debug" for a callout dial-on-demand
connection, that should demonstrate the state transitions for normal
(i. e. no packet loss) negotiations.

--
cheers, J"org