Date:      Wed, 15 Apr 1998 06:01:48 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        rotel@indigo.ie
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: the place of vi

> This is a thread that some people want killed, but as far as I can
> see they are the same people who want to keep vi in /usr/bin; given
> that there are still a significant number of people, myself included,
> who strongly disagree with this view and given that the issues
> haven't been thrashed out fully I don't think we should kill it
> just yet.

I want the thread dead, and I'm all for putting a minimum set
of shared libraries and ld.so in /slib and linking the whole
damn system dynamic, since /slib is just as recoverable as /kernel
or /sbin/mount or any one of the other single points of failure
that you need "fixit" disks for in the first place.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.