Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2006 10:24:03 -0400
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Someone got a clue about bsdpan?

--Apple-Mail-4--698666719
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

On Oct 5, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:

> So it appears that installing perl packages from outside of ports
> nicely
> creates bsdpan packages in the pkg tree.  However, I'm having
> trouble with
> upgrades duplicating the packages, so I was going to do into this and
> figure out what's missing.

I gave up on BSDPAN for precisely this reason.  Upgrades were way
difficult.  What I do not is use the existing p5-* ports, or make new
ones and submit them myself.  I think there should be an option in
the perl port to skip installing BSDPAN, but it doesn't really hurt
much to be there.

--Apple-Mail-4--698666719--