Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 20:59:12 -0800
From:      Raistlin Majere <raistlin@e-raist.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, mwm@mired.org
Subject:   Re: slow perl string concats on FreeBSD 4.5

I'm ran the stock install of perl (5.0003) on both machines with the
same performance problems.  So I upgraded to perl 5.6.1 on both machines
only to see the same performance issues.

At this point I wonder if it has to do with C functions being called by
the perl binaries. Since perl is a compiled binary which executes
differently on the two machines, it may have to do with the C libraries
on FreeBSD being different than those on linux.  I'm trying to figure
out how to profile the two versions and see the results.

Does anyone have another idea as to what might be the issue?

-- Raistlin Alexander Majere