Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2011 20:21:20 -0400
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        Ben Gray <ben.r.gray@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Test tools for new network driver

On Aug 19, 2011, at 06:04 , Ben Gray wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
>    I'm not sure if this the right list to post to, but here goes ...
>=20
>    I'm currently writing a driver for the SMSC LAN95xx range of USB to =
Ethernet adapter chips =
(http://www.smsc.com/index.php?tid=3D300&pid=3D135&tab=3D1). The basic =
RX/TX works and now I'm trying to get the H/W checksum offload working, =
however I've come across some problems with the H/W implementation, e.g. =
it doesn't work with small (<64 byte) packets.
>=20
>    So I was wondering if anyone knows of any test tools I can use to =
fire all the different unusual sort of packets at the interface to see =
how the H/W csum reacts, i.e. runt packets, packets with IP options, =
IPv6 packets with extension headers, etc.
>=20

Sorry to be late on this one.

http://pcs.sf.net

and /usr/ports/net/py-pcs

If you have questions on it let me know.  I'm the author.

Best,
George