Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 101 01:28:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rabu Lu Mishi <george@okeeday.resnet.mtu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ncurses and an invisible cursor

  I am trying to make a program which is portable among different
BSD varients.  It uses curses and it needs to have an invisible cursor.
I have tried to make the cursor invisible with curs_set(0).  I have done this
on OpenBSD by initializing curses by using newterm("vt220",...) so that it
uses vt220's ability to make the cursor disappear.  Unfortunately, I have
not found a terminal in termcap which seems to allow this.  What seems to
be the trouble?  It seems as if there is no way to make the cursor invisible
with curses under FreeBSD.

--Rabu Mishi