Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 1997 12:38:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@korin.warman.org.pl>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dag-Erling_Coidan_Sm=F8rgrav?= <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isa.c

On 8 Dec 1997, Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav wrote:

> > > Amongst other items, lack of a suitable backup device
> > No need to backup.  It's a piece of cake to upgrade w/out doing a
>

> "Just download the sources" is easier said than done with a v34 modem.

I have exactly such a modem, plus very noisy telephone line. What I did,
though, was to install the sources from 2.2.1 CD-ROM and then run cvsup...
It took me about an hour to catch up with -current, and it should take
much less to catch up with -stable.

So, I know this can be done quite easily :-)

Andrzej Bialecki

abial@warman.org.pl  | if(halt_per_mth > 0) { fetch("http://www.freebsd.org") }
Research & Academic  | "Be open-minded, but don't let your brains to fall out."
Network in Poland    | All of the above (and more) is just my personal opinion.