Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:37:36 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jack Winslade <jsw@cywub.sitel.net>
To:        quintin@smlt.com (Quintin Oliver)
Cc:        jsw@cywub.sitel.net, freebsd@netsys.hn, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO Unix vrs. FreeBSD

> Is there a "shareware" copy available for SCO UNIX? just that I'll like to
> get to know it better, many other ISP's in our area run it and I'll like
> to give it a try, funny thing though, they were quite busy at Christmas
> :-)) LOL!

SCO has the reputation of being somewhat unstable.  In all fairness to
SCO, I think lots of this has to do with the customer's misconfiguration.

I've seen many SCO installations that were unstable, but were improved
significantly by doing some simple kernel tweaking, especially in the
network area.

Good day      JSW