Date:      Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:37:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      satish kondapalli <nitw.satish@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   one question on mutex.

I declared one test mutex  in my char module:
struct mtx test_mutex;

Initialized the above mutex while module loading:
mtx_init(&test_mutex,"cdev_test_mutex",NULL,MTX_DEF);

and in charter device open() function I called mtx_lock() twice.
mtx_lock(&test_mutex);
mtx_lock(&test_mutex);

Here my question is why the kernel is not blocking on second call of
mtx_lock() ?
Here i initilaized my mutex type as MTX_DEF. All default MTX_DEF are
recursive? (then what is MTX_RECURSE ).