Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 00:44:23 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        root@nihil.plaut.de, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current and pcmcia problems

In message <199909080636.IAA58313@freebsd.dk> Soren Schmidt writes:
: Hmm, I'm also having a hell of a time here, on closer inspection it
: turns out that my problem is that the kernel allways finds an ed0
: device allthough none is present. I have both an ed0 & an ep0 device
: in my config as I use both type of cards. So my only interrupt for
: pcmcia device is allready taken, and nothing will attach...

It sounds like the probe routine for ed improperly is saying the card
is there, when in fact it isn't.  It shouldn't do that.  I noticed
that in David O'Brien's dmesg as well.  Since I don't have any ne-2000
cards.

: Anybody using the ed0 driver with pcmcia and has it working ??

I don't know.  Peter Wemm and Matthew Dodd were working on this, but
I'm not sure where things stand on it.

Warner