Date:      Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:42:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andriy Gapon <agapon@excite.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi: high collision rate

I have WMP11 in hostap mode and only one client (Addtron AWU-120)
connecting to it. WEP encryption is enabled with a 40-bit key. Frame size
and RTS/CTS threshold have default values. Everything seems to work Ok,
although it could be a little bit faster, but what really bothers me is
number of collisions reported by netstat:

$netstat -i -I wi0
Name  Mtu   Network       Address            Ipkts Ierrs    Opkts Oerrs  Coll
wi0   1500  <Link#1>    00:06:25:09:33:aa   474382     0   367972     0 196375

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this ?
Thanks a lot.

--
Andriy Gapon
*