Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 12:13:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      papowell@astart.com
To:        patrick@whetstonelogic.com, pcourche@cabletron.com
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG, stainsby@telus.net
Subject:   Re: Any activity on PicoBSD ?

OK... here are a couple more:

The 'make' based version of the build tools is actively under developement.
You can now make a distribution on or more floppies.

This is not an 'official' FreeBSD item,  but you can get it from:

ftp://ftp.astart.com/pub/LPRng/PICOBSD/...

I have developed 'FemptoBSD' using the 3.2-Release as a baseline.  The kernel
is only 340K compressed.  This is adequate to (barely) run a firewall...

This is NOT ready for prime time.   If I was to repeat this,  I would use
4.0 Current as a code base.

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
papowell@astart.com            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   619-874-6543 FAX 619-279-8424
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.astart.com)