Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:49:55 +0100
From:      Ruben van Staveren <ruben@verweg.com>
To:        Chris BeHanna <chris@pennasoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: WEP/DHCP Problems

> > >     For the archives:  flashing the WPC11's firmware up to revision
> > > 1.4.9 (reported in dmesg as 1.04.09) fixed the problem.
> >
> > Were you able to flash the cards using FreeBSD, or did that require one of
> > those foreign operating systems?
>
>     I booted a "foreign" operating system to do it, as the flash
> utilities from the vendors were all expecting to be run that way.  I
> didn't want to make paperweights.

And you need "hacked" firmware to do so:

http://hostap.epitest.fi/hostap/2002-08/1403.html

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=nl&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=aiiljp%2423qu%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw

But beware, it still craps out when doing bulk transfers over wi0 using wep!
(wi_timeout and other disturbing messages appear in the kernel log)

Regards,
	Ruben

--
  /() ) |       Ruben van Staveren      http://ruben.is.verweg.com/      |_o