Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:55:07 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/src/tools hierarchy and Vinum

--opJtzjQTFsWo+cga

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 10:37:18AM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
[...]
> My problem is that most of the tests that I have written measure Vinum
> performance.  In so doing, of course, they ensure that most of the
> subsystem is working.  My current feeling is that I should split these
> tests into two directories:
>=20
>   /usr/src/tools/test/vinum	    Test Vinum functionality
>   /usr/src/tools/performance/vinum  Test Vinum performance
>=20
> The test/vinum test would include performance/vinum for much of the
> functionality.
>=20
> Comments?
>=20
src/tools/test/README gives the "definition" of a test program,
which is "one that will exercise a particular bit of the system
and try to break it and/or measuring performance on it."

So the performance tests are explicitly allowed in tools/test/.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov
FreeBSD committer